MAPLE LEAF FUND GRANT
Oxford Community Foundation is accepting Maple Leaf Community Fund grant applications from February 6 until the deadline of March 30, 2018 at 2:00 P.M.
Please note that you will not able to save and return to the online grant application submission form, so proceed to that step when you are confident in your responses to the questions. We strongly advise that you use the preview form above to develop your grant application responses to the questions prior to commencing the online application submission.
When you are ready to begin your online submission, please go to this link to access the application form:
Grants from the Maple Leaf Community Fund support the capital-related needs of food security programs that promote dignity and build individual and community capacity. The funding is available to both Oxford and Middlesex counties; therefore London Community Foundation and Oxford Community Foundation partner on the application intake and vetting process.
The following criteria – revised and effective January 2017 – must be met to be eligible for funding consideration:
- The Food Security Program must be a core activity of the applicant and fit at least one of the following three categories:
Food Literacy – providing people with the information, understanding and skills to provide healthy food for themselves and their families. (e.g. nutrition/food safety/meal planning)
School & Other Nutrition Programs – promoting, educating and allowing people to access healthy meals. (e.g. School breakfast/lunch/after school programs; nutrition and fitness programs.)
Sustainable Initiatives Beyond Conventional Food Bank Models – initiatives that establish a reliable supply of nutritious food and promote self-sufficiency. (e.g. social enterprises that support food security; community gardens; social profit enterprises with a focus on food security including training programs for unemployed, at-risk youth and single parents)
- The request must be for capital funding as opposed to operating costs. (eg. material/ equipment; not food)
- Applications with leveraging, collaboration and sustainability elements are preferred.
- Programs must be within the counties of Oxford and/or Middlesex.
- Applicants must not be aligned with political campaigns, religious organizations, individual or for-profit business, lobbying or advocacy groups.
Oxford County Applicants:
Contact Louise Wardrop, Executive Director, Oxford Community Foundation
519.539.7447 x 229 | email@example.com