This page includes information on grants available throughout 2020:
1. Maple Leaf Community Fund – applications will be accepted between Mar 3 and May 5
2. General Fall Granting – applications will be accepted mid August to end of September
OCF/LCF MAPLE LEAF COMMUNITY FUND
About the grant: Maple Leaf Community Fund grants support the capital-related needs of food security programs that promote dignity and build individual and community capacity.
About the Maple Leaf Community Fund: In 1994, the Maple Leaf Community Fund was established in honour of the late W. Harvey and Erma Beaty. Beaty was the founder and Board Chair of Cold Springs Farm Ltd., an enterprise that he started in 1949 in Thamesford on 100 acres.
Beaty’s generosity towards his community continues today and forever through annual grants from the Fund supporting the counties of Oxford and Middlesex and the City of London. Granting criteria supports capital-related needs of food security programs that promote dignity and build individual and community capacity.
Amount Available: $40,000 total is available to distribute among successful applicants from Oxford and Middlesex Counties.
The Food Security Program must fit at least one of the following three categories and applications for capital funding as opposed to operating costs are preferred. The recent developments of COVID-19 has impacted many. Consequently, we’ve also included a question for you to identify how your initiative will help ensure our community’s food related needs are being met during this difficult time.
- Food Literacy– providing people with the information, understanding and skills to provide healthy food for themselves and their families. (e.g. nutrition/food safety/meal planning)
- School & Other Nutrition Programs– promoting, educating and allowing people to access healthy meals. (e.g. School breakfast/lunch/after school programs; nutrition and fitness programs.)
- Sustainable Initiatives Beyond Conventional Food Bank Models– initiatives that establish a reliable supply of nutritious food and promote self-sufficiency. (e.g. social enterprises that support food security; community gardens; social profit enterprises with a focus on food security including training programs for unemployed, at-risk youth and single parents)
Important Dates: The application process will open Mar 3 and close 2 p.m. on May 5, 2020
Link to grant application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZYBGFBC
The funding is available to both Oxford and Middlesex counties; therefore London Community Foundation and Oxford Community Foundation partner on the application intake and vetting process.
OXFORD COMMUNITY FOUNDATION GENERAL FALL GRANTING
About the grants: Grant in support of community services, the environment, health & wellness, arts, culture & heritage and recreation are made available in the fall of each year. Applications open mid August and close the end of September.
Examples of previous grants made can be found under the “Past Recipients” tab.
Please note: Organizations applying must have registered charitable status under Income Tax Act to be eligible for grant consideration. Alternatively, organizations may be sponsored by a registered charity or municipality
Grants will be disbursed in December.
Sample Application Form: 2019 OCF Grant Application Form
Please contact: 226-667-6404 | firstname.lastname@example.org
447 Hunter Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 4G7