Scroll down this page for information on the following grants and student awards as follows:
- Maple Leaf Community Fund – now open, applications deadline is April 5, 2022.
- Student Awards – now open, application deadline is May 3, 2022
- General Fall Granting – reopens August 2022
OCF/LCF MAPLE LEAF COMMUNITY FUND
In Honour of Harvey and Erma Beaty
Maple Leaf Foods is a national corporation with local roots. The company’s rich history traces back more than 100 years through the amalgamation of some of Canada’s most notable food companies. Maple Leaf Foods has always been a champion for food security.
This Donor-Advised Fund honours the late Harvey and Erma Beaty. Harvey founded Cold Springs Farm in Thamesford, ON in 1949 and shepherded Cold Springs’ growth from a small farm to a major agri-food enterprise, which eventually became part of Maple Leaf Foods. We remember the farm and the Beatys, including Harvey’s business acumen, concern for the environment and tremendous generosity, especially demonstrated when Cold Springs established this fund in 1994.
Through this fund, $40,000 is available to supports the capital-related needs of food security programs that promote dignity and build individual and community capacity. This includes:
- Food Literacy– providing people with the information, understanding and skills to provide healthy food for themselves and their families. (e.g. nutrition/food safety/meal planning)
- School & Other Nutrition Programs– promoting, educating and allowing people to access healthy meals. (e.g. School breakfast/lunch/after school programs; nutrition and fitness programs.)
- Sustainable Initiatives Beyond Conventional Food Bank Models– initiatives that establish a reliable supply of nutritious food and promote self-sufficiency. (e.g. social enterprises that support food security; community gardens; social profit enterprises with a focus on food security including training programs for unemployed, at-risk youth and single parents)
Thanks to caring and generous donors, awards will be distributed to Oxford County graduates as follows:
- Joland Family Fund Bursary
- WDDS Rosemary George DSW Bursary
- Oxford Manufacturers Skills Development Bursary
- George & Lorna Roberts Bursary
- Pat & Barry Smith Leadership Award
- Tyler Arts Athletic Team Player Award (IDCI)
- Laurie Hawkins Bursary (IDCI)
- Cassandra Hawkins Bursary (St. Mary’s)
Dates: Applications are due Tuesday, May 3, 2022. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about each award: 2022 OCF Student Awards FINAL
Application: 2022 OCF Student Award Application FINAL
For questions or information, please contact us at email@example.com or see your School’s Student Services Department.
OXFORD COMMUNITY FOUNDATION GENERAL FALL GRANTING
About the grants: The amount to be determined later in the year will be available for granting from legacy and community funds established by generous and caring donors. These grants must support projects that address community wellbeing in Oxford County in one or more of the following areas:
1. arts & culture,
3. the environment,
4. health & wellness,
5. social services,
6. heritage, or
Charitable organizations applying must have a strong local presence (e.g. a local Board of Directors, a well-defined accountable local committee, a local office with strong community involvement) or must demonstrate that the project/program will specifically benefit residents of Oxford County.
Please note: Organizations applying must be a qualified donee as defined under the Income Tax Act to be eligible for grant consideration. Examples of qualified donees include registered charities and municipalities. For more examples of qualified donees, please go to the CRA website
Ineligible: Organizations whose mission substantially involves alignment with political campaigns (candidates); religious activities; individual or for-profit businesses; or lobbying/advocacy groups are ineligible to apply
Dates: Applicants will be accepted beginning mid August with a deadline by September 30th. Successful applicants will be notified by November 30th. Quotes and photographs of the project for inclusion in the Foundation’s Annual Report and/or on the website are requested by March 31 the year following the granting year.
Questions? Please contact:
Rosaline Bruyns at 226-667-6404
447 Hunter Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 4G7