Volunteers play a vital role in community organizations. Oxford Community Foundation relies on community members who volunteer their time and passion serving on the Board of Directors and Committees designed to strengthen and enhance our community.
Why Volunteer with OCF?
- Health and Happiness: There are numerous benefits to volunteering. It connects you to others, increases self-confidence, builds skills, and promotes happiness. The London School of Economics found that weekly volunteering provided the same impact on happiness as a pay increase from $20,000 to $75,000!*
- A Sense of Purpose: Whatever your age or situation, volunteering can help take your mind off of your own worries, keep you engaged and stimulated, and add more passion to your life.
- A Sense of Community: Volunteering gives you the opportunity to get involved and make an impact on your own community, and allows you to see first-hand how you can create enrich the lives of others. Volunteering allows you to recognize the important role that you play, and to feel closer to those around you.
These are the volunteer opportunities we offer at OCF:
- Board Member (Board of Directors)
- Wardens Golf Tournament – Day of Event
For more information on how you can become involved, please contact:
* Source: Simple Changes, Big Rewards: A Practical, Easy Guide for Healthy, Happy Living, a special health report published by Harvard Health Publications.