Oxford Community Foundation – Job Posting
Office & Grants Administrator
Apply before Friday, January 6, 2023.
Oxford Community Foundation (OCF) is looking for an individual interested in further exploring their passion for community. We are currently seeking a candidate for a permanent full-time Office & Grants Administrator. Join our team to connect a caring community with causes that make a difference!
About Oxford Community Foundation
OCF helps individuals and organizations leave personalized, lasting legacies in Oxford County, to make it a better place. We are one of 202 community foundations across Canada, and the only community foundation that serves all of Oxford County. OCF makes charitable giving easy, providing donors the opportunity to target their areas of interest including arts, culture, heritage, the environment, education, health, wellness and recreation. OCF invests and grants funds wisely. OCF is the organization to work with for those looking to leave a lasting legacy and impact in Oxford County.
This position is responsible for xecutive Director, the day-to-day operation of OCF office, administration of granting programs and support planning of foundation events.
This position is 30 hours/week, Monday through Friday – schedule is flexible.
- General Office Duties – handle incoming/outgoing mail and email, book meetings, maintain office supplies, answer telephone, issue charitable receipts, prepare payment for invoices and complete bank deposits.
- Communications – maintain contact lists and distribute communications including letters of thanks, fund letters and statements, newsletters.
- Records Management – maintain records for Board and Committee minutes and reports, donor records including donor agreements, financial records, charitable tax receipts, communications, and grant files.
- Computer and office equipment – Manage equipment and provide technical support with respect to computer applications i.e. word processing, presentations and spreadsheets. Stay abreast of software applications that can improve office efficiency.
- Office Procedures – Maintain up-to-date procedures. Recommend and implement new work processes and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy for the Foundation.
- Board and Committee Support – Work with Board and Committees to develop agenda and meeting packages for meetings. Prepare and publish meeting minutes.
Bursary and Community Grants Administration
- Establish and maintain clear and detailed understanding of various granting program requirements.
- Undertake outreach to foster awareness and increase accessibility of programs.
- Support applicants throughout the application period.
- Support review process including communication and support of review committee.
- Finalize and submit funding recommendations.
- Communicate grant decisions, coordinate execution of agreements and distribute funds
- Respond to recipient inquiries as projects are implemented.
- Receive, summarize and assess project completion reporting, develop recommendations and implement program improvements.
- Manage grants database and reporting.
- Organize grantee visits, capture and share grant stories on various media.
- Support planning and running of events such as the annual general meeting, workshops and annual fundraising golf event.
Understand and adhere to OCF policies and procedures.
- Interest in the non-profit sector; sector experience is an asset
- Excellent administrative, planning and organizational skills.
- Proactive, able to prioritize tasks and perform independently with keen attention to detail and timelines.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and learning CRM and grant management applications.
- OCF office is located downtown Woodstock at 447 Hunter Street
- Full time 30 hours per week, $20-$22/hr with benefits. Rate dependent on experience.
Equitable Employment Opportunity
- OCF is dedicated to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity, and to offering equal employment opportunities based upon an individual’s qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- If interested, please prepare resume and cover letter combined into a single document.
- Email document to Louise Wardrop firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 PM EST, Friday, January 6, 2023.
For questions, email Louise Wardrop, Executive Director at the address above or call: 226-667-6404.