Maple Leaf Community Fund
Grants from the Maple Leaf Community Fund support the capital-related needs of food security programs that promote dignity and build individual and community capacity. The funding is available to both Oxford and Middlesex counties; therefore London Community Foundation and Oxford Community Foundation partner on the application intake and vetting process.
The following criteria – revised and effective January 2017 – must be met to be eligible for funding consideration:
- The Food Security Program must be a core activity of the applicant and fit at least one of the following three categories:
- Food Literacy- providing people with the information, understanding and skills to provide healthy food for themselves and their families. (e.g. nutrition/food safety/meal planning)
- School & Other Nutrition Programs- promoting, educating and allowing people to access healthy meals. (e.g. School breakfast/lunch/after school programs; nutrition and fitness programs.)
- Sustainable Initiatives Beyond Conventional Food Bank Models– initiatives that establish a reliable supply of nutritious food and promote self-sufficiency. (e.g. social enterprises that support food security; community gardens; social profit enterprises with a focus on food security including training programs for unemployed, at-risk youth and single parents)
- The request must be for capital funding as opposed to operating costs. (eg. material/equipment; not food)
- Applications with leveraging, collaboration and sustainability elements are preferred.
- Programs must be within the counties of Oxford and/or Middlesex.
- Applicants must not be aligned with political campaigns, religious organizations, individual or for-profit business, lobbying or advocacy groups.
Applications are due by: March 28, 2017
Please go to the following website to access the paper or online application:
Oxford County Applicants: Contact Louise Wardrop, Executive Director, Oxford Community Foundation | 519.539.7447 x 229 | email@example.com
Middlesex-County Applicants: Contact Lori Runciman, Director, Grants, London Community Foundation | 519-667-1600 x 105 | firstname.lastname@example.org